Saturday, May 17, 2008

Rainbow Cruisers Car Show

By Alan Burkhart

Stopped by the Rainbow Cruisers car show today in Alabama. Lots of cool cars, great food and friendly folks. A guy at the show told me the show takes place the third Saturday of each month from April through October.

If you'd like to check it out sometime, here are the directions: From Birmingham, take I-59 north to exit 181 and turn right. You'll immediately see the Petro:2 Travel Plaza and Austin's Steak House on the right. The show is held in Austin's parking lot. This is near Gadsen, AL.

I won't intrude with a lot of comments here. Enjoy the images of all the cool cars, and do drop by again sometime.

--Alan

















Gotta love those classic Mopars. Ain't nothing like'em!










Slick old Packard 120













Now, one thing here requires some clarification. As you can see, my reflection was caught whilst snapping the picture of the "427" emblem. It must have been a combination of the setting sun, the glossy paint and the curvature of the fender that somehow caused me to look short, fat and pale. I am in reality of course tall dark and handsome. Really. No foolin'.




















For a moment I thought I'd seen a pink elephant. That's one big old Caddy!







SWEET!!!








This beautiful old '58 Chevy was my personal favorite of the show.




2 comments:

Trucking Dude said...

Trucking is a nice and challenging job which provides you opportunity to see many places. Is there any other job which allows to travel this much?

Trucking Tutor said...

Nice post here with nice and old vintage cars.
@Trucking Dude
I dont think there is any other job which gives you the option of traveling this much.