Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Images From Memphis Flood

My new job has me in Memphis, TN every other day. I was there Monday and today (Wednesday) and shot a few pics of the nasty weather and its aftermath.

This was a super cell that hit about 12:30 pm last Monday. I was parked outside the Coca Cola plant waiting to deliver. The folks ushered me inside to the storm shelter when the tornado sirens went off.

Memphis_MondayStorm

Today (Wednesday)  I crossed the MS River into West Memphis, AR to reload. West Memphis had been hammered the night before and much of the town was still without power.

powerlines

Power line repair en route to my reload.

utilitytrucks_02

utilitytrucks

Flooding along I-40 and I-55 in Arkansas

I55

Access road flooded next to I-55

flooded_street

Lots of downed trees around town

stump

Poor little forlorn fire hydrant…

FireHydrant

No comments: